Meghan Markle is reportedly demanding that she be allowed to see evidence in the Buckingham Palace investigation into claims that she bullied her aides.
Daily Mail reported that Meghan, 39, wants to see all documents, emails, and text messages related to the bullying probe against her that has been launched against her by the Queen. This comes after The Sun reported that the palace is considering bringing in an independent law firm to investigate the allegations.
Meanwhile, Meghan is putting together her own legal team to fight what a source on her side is calling a “calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful misinformation.”
The claims that Meghan bullied her aides came out earlier this month when an email sent by Jason Knauf, the couple’s then press secretary, was leaked to the press.
Objective reporting for the educated American.
“I am very concerned that the Duchess was able to bully two PAs out of the household in the past year. The treatment of X [Name redacted] was totally unacceptable,” Knauf wrote in the email, which was sent in October of 2018.
“The Duchess seems intent on always having someone in her sights. She is bullying Y and seeking to undermine her confidence,” he added. “We have had report after report from people who have witnessed unacceptable behaviour towards Y.”
Knauf sent this email to Simon Case, then the Duke of Cambridge’s private secretary and now the Cabinet Secretary, after he spoke with Samantha Carruthers, the head of HR at the Palace. Knauf said that Carruthers had “agreed with me on all counts that the situation was very serious.”
“I remain concerned that nothing will be done,” Knauf added.
The royal family responded to the bullying claims in a statement released by Buckingham Palace earlier this month.
“We are clearly very concerned about allegations in The Times following claims made by former staff of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex,” the statement read, according to Entertainment Tonight. “Accordingly our HR team will look into the circumstances outlined in the article.”
“Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the Household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned,” the palace added. “The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”
This piece was written by Mark Baker on March 14, 2021. It originally appeared in UpliftingToday and is used by permission.
Read more at UpliftingToday:
Prince William ‘Devastated’ By Meghan Markle And Prince Harry’s Interview With Oprah, Expert Says
Meghan Markle’s Former ‘Suits’ Costar Wendell Pierce Blasts Her For ‘Insignificant’ Interview With Oprah
Meghan Markle’s Alleged Email About Kate Middleton Resurfaces Days After Oprah Interview
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Objectivist. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.