The White House rejected a report on Tuesday that claimed President Donald Trump is considering removing FBI Director Kash Patel.
The report, published by MS NOW, said Patel was “on thin ice” and that top FBI official Andrew Bailey was being considered as a replacement.
According to the outlet, unnamed individuals asserted that the president and senior aides had become frustrated with headlines related to Patel.
Trump's Sovereign Wealth Fund: What Could It Mean For Your Money?
Subscribe today
Objective reporting for the educated American.
MS NOW reported that Patel had faced scrutiny over his management of bureau resources, including “his girlfriend’s security detail and use of a government jet,” and disputes with other officials aligned with the administration.
The outlet said three anonymous sources described private discussions about Patel’s future and indicated that President Trump had been weighing a possible change in the coming months.
Two of those sources were cited as saying that Bailey was viewed as a “logical replacement.”
The White House dismissed the report immediately.
This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year
Spokeswoman Abigail Jackson issued a statement rejecting MS NOW’s claims.
“President Trump has assembled the most talented and impressive Administration in history and they are doing an excellent job carrying out the President’s agenda. FBI Director Patel is a critical member of the President’s team and he is working tirelessly to restore integrity to the FBI,” Jackson said.
not exactly a denial here from the WH
“White House spokeswoman Abigail Jackson responded to MS NOW, saying, “President Trump has assembled the most talented and impressive Administration in history and they are doing an excellent job carrying out the President’s agenda. FBI… https://t.co/kLHxVImirp
— Sam Stein (@samstein) November 25, 2025
MORE NEWS: Democrat Senator Kelly Cries to Kimmel Over ‘Illegal Orders’ Backlash Despite Not Naming Any [WATCH]
The report also prompted a response from White House Secretary Karoline Leavitt.
In a statement posted to X, Leavitt wrote, “This story is completely made up.” She said she was present in the Oval Office at the time MS NOW published its report and saw no indication of any concerns about Patel’s position. “In fact, when this Fake News published, I was in the Oval Office, where President Trump was meeting with his law enforcement team, including FBI Director Kash Patel,” she wrote.
Leavitt said she read the headline aloud to President Trump.
According to her post, the president responded with amusement.
She quoted him saying, “What? That’s totally false. Come on Kash, let’s take a picture to show them you’re doing a great job!” Leavitt closed her statement by urging the public, “Do not believe the Fake News!”
This story is completely made up.
In fact, when this Fake News published, I was in the Oval Office, where President Trump was meeting with his law enforcement team, including FBI Director Kash Patel.
I read the headline to the President and he laughed. He said: “What? That’s… https://t.co/qbsy0nW2Bg pic.twitter.com/aNL5Qw9MA8
— Karoline Leavitt (@PressSec) November 25, 2025
The report appeared to gain attention online prior to the White House statements. MS NOW attributed its claims to three individuals described as having direct knowledge of internal discussions.
The outlet said the individuals requested anonymity to discuss what they characterized as private deliberations inside the administration.
According to MS NOW, the concerns surrounding Patel included his use of bureau aircraft and a dispute involving security coverage.
The report also mentioned disagreements with other officials serving under President Trump.
The outlet said these developments had contributed to the alleged conversations about his continued leadership at the FBI.
Following the White House’s statements, no further details were provided by the administration regarding Patel’s status beyond Jackson’s and Leavitt’s remarks.
MS NOW did not issue an update or correction after the responses from the White House press office.
The outlet’s report remained posted and continued to circulate on social media platforms throughout the day.
The White House statements marked the administration’s firm denial of the claims attributed to unnamed sources.
The president’s comments relayed through Leavitt contradicted the notion that Patel’s position was in question.
The administration reaffirmed Patel’s role as FBI director and described him as an integral member of the president’s law enforcement team.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Objectivist. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Share your opinion
COMMENT POLICY: We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, hard-core profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment!