- Objectivist - https://www.objectivist.co -

Trump’s D.C. Crime Crackdown Tops 10,000 Arrests as DOJ Declares the ‘Unchecked Violence Is Over’ [WATCH]

President Donald Trump’s Make D.C. Safe and Beautiful Task Force has surpassed 10,000 arrests since launching in August 2025, while recovering more than 1,000 illegal firearms from the streets of Washington, D.C., according to information provided [1] to Fox News Digital.

As of Thursday morning, the task force has carried out 10,018 arrests and recovered 1,036 illegal firearms.

“President Trump’s federal surge in Washington, D.C. has saved lives and helped restore our Nation’s beautiful capital city for all Americans to enjoy,” Attorney General Pamela Bondi said in a comment to Fox News Digital.

“Thanks to the brave work of Gady Serralta’s Marshals, our other DOJ components, and our great federal partners, we have proven that tolerating crime is a policy choice — we choose public safety.”

Trump signed the Making the District of Columbia Safe and Beautiful executive order in March 2025, creating the task force.

Washington D.C., USA – May 30, 2025 – President Donald Trump leaves the White House for a trip to Pennsylvania on May 30, 2025.

The law enforcement partnership is led by U.S. Marshals Service Director Gadyaces S. Serralta and brings together 3,100 personnel from 28 agencies.

Officials from the Metropolitan Police Department, National Guard, FBI, Drug Enforcement Administration, Capitol Police, and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives have participated in coordinated sweeps since August 2025.

The administration’s crackdown followed a series of high-profile attacks and killings earlier in 2025, as well as crime trends dating back to the COVID-19 pandemic era.

According to data provided to Fox News Digital, murders in the district have fallen by 68% compared to the same time period in 2025. Robberies are down 47%, sexual abuse is down 64%, and overall violent crime has decreased by 31%.

The task force has also recovered or located 19 missing children.

“The era of unchecked violence is over,” U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro said in a statement to Fox News Digital.

“President Trump’s decisive no-nonsense strategy to restore law and order, the federal surge of law enforcement resources, combined with aggressive prosecution of violent offenders, is delivering real, measurable results,” Pirro said.

“I came here to fight street crime in the nation’s capital, and since then, homicides have fallen to historic lows, and violent crime has dropped dramatically. Those who prey on our communities are being arrested, prosecuted, and convicted.”

Among the arrests are 28 for homicide, 1,693 for narcotics offenses, 874 for weapons offenses, 34 for sex offenses, and 52 known gang members.

Notable arrests include three teenagers accused in the June 2025 shooting death of 21-year-old congressional intern Eric Tarpinian-Jachym near the D.C. Convention Center. Investigators said he was struck by a bullet not intended for him.

In October 2025, Laurence Cotton-Powell, 19, and Anthony Taylor, 18, were arrested in connection with the alleged attempted carjacking, robbery, and beating of a former Department of Government Efficiency staffer in August 2025.

Other arrests include Alvin Young, 47, who was charged with first-degree murder while armed following a fatal March 2022 shooting.

In December 2025, Christopher Watts was arrested on a Florida warrant for cruelty toward a child, promoting sexual performance, and solicitation of a child via computer.

Earlier this month, Richard Brown was arrested on charges including possession of a machine gun, carrying a pistol without a license, possession of an unregistered firearm and ammunition, possession of a large-capacity feeding device, unauthorized use of a vehicle, two counts of receiving stolen property, unlawful entry of a vehicle, fleeing from a law enforcement officer in a vehicle and reckless driving. Authorities said Brown fled during a traffic stop, drove into Maryland, and exited his vehicle before being apprehended.

Task force leader Serralta described the 10,000th arrest as a “monumental achievement.”

“By removing 1,000 illicit firearms from D.C. streets and making 10,000 arrests, we have achieved unprecedented results, not just for the Task Force, but for all the residents, commuters, students, and visitors to Washington, D.C.,” Serralta said.

“But rest assured, our work is not done. Washington, D.C is the beating heart of our great Nation, and we will not stop until we fulfill President Trump’s promise to make its communities safe again.”

Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives Deputy Director Rob Cekada added, “Removing 1,000 guns from the violent offenders is not symbolic; it is decisive action to restore law and order in our nation’s capital.”

“President Trump made it clear that Washington, D.C. will not be surrendered to criminals, and ATF is fully committed to relentlessly pursuing those who traffic, possess, and use illegal firearms,” Cekada said.

“10,000 arrests are just the beginning. We will continue to dismantle violent networks and ensure the safety of everyone who lives, works, and visits here.”

Democrats, including Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin and Maryland Sen. Chris Van Hollen have criticized the August 2025 federalization of D.C. police and the multiagency task force.

Van Hollen described the move as an “abuse of power” and a “raw power grab,” while Raskin argued it was part of a broader effort to “militarize and federalize” cities that voted against Trump.