Peter Skandalakis, the director of the Prosecuting Attorneys’ Council of Georgia, announced Wednesday that the election-related case brought against President Donald Trump and multiple co-defendants in Fulton County has been dropped.
Skandalakis assumed responsibility for the matter after Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis was disqualified from overseeing it.
He said the decision was made “to serve the interests of justice and promote judicial finality.”
MAJOR BREAKING: Prosecutors have officially DROPPED the 2020 “election interference” case against President Trump in Georgia
HUGE win for President Trump
The case, brought by Fani Willis, NEVER should’ve been brought. pic.twitter.com/VZYOEI3w7Z
— Nick Sortor (@nicksortor) November 26, 2025
Trump's Sovereign Wealth Fund: What Could It Mean For Your Money?
Subscribe today
Objective reporting for the educated American.
The case had been overshadowed for months by disclosures involving an improper romantic relationship between Willis and Nathan Wade, a top prosecutor she had appointed to the investigation.
This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year
President Trump referenced the revelations in a post on Truth Social, writing, “LAW and JUSTICE have prevailed in the Great State of Georgia, as the corrupt Fani Willis Witch Hunt against me, and other Great American Patriots, has been DISMISSED in its entirety. This Illegal, Unconstitutional, and unAmerican Hoax was perpetrated against our Nation by Fani and her Low I.Q. Lover, Nathan Wade, at the direction of Crooked Joe Biden and his ‘Handlers.’”
Fulton County Superior Court Judge Scott McAfee formally ordered the case “dismissed in its entirety” for Trump and all co-defendants.
The case had stemmed from allegations related to the aftermath of the 2020 election.
MORE NEWS: Democrat Senator Kelly Cries to Kimmel Over ‘Illegal Orders’ Backlash Despite Not Naming Any [WATCH]
Skandalakis said pursuing the matter further would not benefit the state’s residents.
“In my professional judgment, the citizens of Georgia are not served by pursuing this case in full for another five to ten years,” he said.
President Trump responded to the announcement by accusing the former Biden-Harris administration of involvement in the prosecution.
“The Deranged Democrats did all they could to viciously attack me, my supporters, and our MAGA Movement, for telling the TRUTH — THE 2020 ELECTION WAS RIGGED AND STOLEN,” he wrote. “And they committed Crime after Crime as they weaponized our Law Enforcement and Justice System against HONEST AND LOVING Americans but, we have fought back and won both in the Courts and Politically with our Historic, Country saving, Landslide Victory of November 5, 2024.”
Steve Sadow, Trump’s lead attorney, said the prosecutor’s decision confirmed the defense’s longstanding position.
“This case should never have been brought,” Sadow said.
“A fair and impartial prosecutor has put an end to this lawfare.”
In his post, President Trump said, “The few remaining Democrat Witch Hunts will soon meet the same embarrassing end. We are going to keep winning.”
Skandalakis added that the matter would be “best pursued at the federal level,” indicating that any further action would not come from state prosecutors.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Objectivist. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Share your opinion
COMMENT POLICY: We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, hard-core profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment!