A woman was slashed with a razor during the Tuesday evening rush hour on a Bronx subway train, the latest in a series of violent incidents across New York City’s transit system, according to police, as reported by The New York Post.

The attack occurred around 5:30 p.m. aboard a northbound 2 train as it passed through the Pelham Parkway station.

Authorities said the victim was speaking with someone when an unknown woman inserted herself into the conversation, sparking an argument.

Trump's Sovereign Wealth Fund: What Could It Mean For Your Money?

The situation escalated when the suspect cut the victim with a razor and attempted to grab her chain. Police said the suspect was unsuccessful and fled the scene. She is believed to be in her 30s.

The NYPD released a surveillance image of the suspect on Tuesday night and continues to search for her. The victim’s injuries were treated following the attack.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

Are you glad President Trump is building the new WH ballroom?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from Objectivist.co, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

The incident comes roughly one week after a separate act of violence on a Brooklyn train, in which an attacker wearing a pink coat choked a teen girl.

Police said the assailant grabbed the girl by the throat, making it difficult for her to breathe, before fleeing the train. The teen was treated at the scene for neck injuries.

Transit crime has drawn renewed attention in recent weeks following multiple high-profile incidents.

On November 19, Tyquan Manassa, 28, allegedly stabbed two men on the southbound platform serving the E and F trains at the Union Turnpike station in Kew Gardens. The attack was caught on video, and police later identified Manassa as the suspect.

Three days earlier, on November 16, prosecutors said Aaron Nett, 33, shoved a good Samaritan into a moving train at the 135th Street station serving the 2 and 3 lines in Harlem.

The woman had attempted to break up a fight moments before the shove. The victim suffered a broken back in the incident, according to sources.

Despite the recent string of violent events, NYPD data updated Sunday indicates that felony assaults in the transit system are slightly lower than at this point last year.

A total of 513 felony assaults have been reported for the year to date, compared to 517 during the same period last year. Misdemeanor assaults have also decreased, falling from 1,392 last year to 1,310 this year.

The NYPD continues to investigate each of the incidents, and officers are still seeking the woman involved in the Tuesday evening slashing on the 2 train.

The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Objectivist. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.