Tom Hardy has reportedly been fired from the Paramount+ series “MobLand” after two seasons, according to multiple reports released Friday, as reported by Page Six.
Sources told Variety that the decision came after on-set issues between Hardy and executive producer Jez Butterworth, as well as tensions with 101 Studios and others involved in the production.
A separate report from Puck News claimed that Hardy, 48, was frequently late to filming during the show’s second season and often gave unsolicited script notes.
Tom Hardy has been fired from #Mobland after Season 2 wrapped production, Variety has confirmed.
Sources say that Hardy was let go from the series following onset issues with executive producer Jez Butterworth, 101 Studios, and others.https://t.co/YTLSppBCZ9 pic.twitter.com/r3aY761YRw — Variety (@Variety) May 22, 2026
The report also alleged he changed dialogue and expressed frustration about the ensemble cast, which features Helen Mirren and Pierce Brosnan.
Trump's Sovereign Wealth Fund: What Could It Mean For Your Money?
According to the publication, Hardy’s alleged conduct nearly led Butterworth to leave the series altogether. The situation reportedly caused Paramount to step in and let Hardy go from the project.
Representatives for Hardy, Butterworth, 101 Studios, and Paramount+ have not yet commented on the situation.
“MobLand,” a crime drama executive produced by Guy Ritchie, stars Hardy as Harry Da Souza, a fixer working within a London crime family.
When the series premiered in the spring of 2025, it broke Paramount+ streaming records, becoming the biggest global series premiere in the platform’s history with 2.2 million global views, according to a press release.
FREE Gun Law Map: Laws Don't Pause During Social Unrest
Season 2 wrapped filming in March, Variety reported, though no premiere date has been announced so far.
In addition to Mirren, 80, and Brosnan, 73, the cast includes Paddy Considine, Joanne Froggatt, Lara Pulver, Anson Boon, Jasmine Jobson, Mandeep Dhillon, and Daniel Betts.
The first season ended dramatically when Hardy’s character was accidentally stabbed in the chest by his on-screen wife, played by Froggatt.
Despite that shocking cliffhanger, Butterworth clarified to The Post in June 2025 that Hardy’s character was not being written out at the time.
“No. We’re not gonna — we love Harry. We love Tom,” Butterworth said firmly, adding that he hoped “MobLand” would continue as long as it “fascinates and delights and stimulates an audience.”
Before joining the project, Hardy shared with Esquire that the show allowed him to explore different sides of his acting range. “It let me flex different muscles,” he explained of his decision to take on the role.
Tom Hardy has reportedly been fired from MOBLAND and will not return for Season 3.
Creators say tensions rose after Hardy was repeatedly late to set, frustrating the production schedule and crew. The situation escalated when he allegedly began offering unsolicited notes and… pic.twitter.com/aa6MAWJbtw — Cine Archives (@cinearchivess) May 22, 2026
With reports now suggesting his unexpected exit, the show’s future dynamic remains uncertain, especially after such a record-breaking debut for Paramount+.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of Objectivist. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Share your opinion
COMMENT POLICY: We have no tolerance for comments containing violence, racism, vulgarity, hard-core profanity, all caps, or discourteous behavior. Thank you for partnering with us to maintain a courteous and useful public environment!